This position is responsible for the sustainability, continuous improvement, and/or development of the extrusion and auxiliary equipment processes for the Polycarbonate and Thermoplastic Polyurethane Blown Film and Flat Die Business.
Extrusion experience is mandatory
- Responsible to plan for and monitor daily production and use information to determine and implement corrective actions, process and quality improvements, Capital Investments/etc.
- Investigates production problems recommends and implements solutions including but not limited to issues with raw material quality, formulation and equipment / tooling. Meets customer expectations and continuously improves efficiency working with internal departments and external resources.
- Directs the necessary resources and sui technology to provide information in a timely manner to support business goals and objectives.
- Makes decisions based on available information considering both short and long-term results from the decision-making process.
- Responsible for troubleshooting process, product, and equipment performance issues.
- Interacts with Middle Management, Operations Personnel, Maintenance and Vendors within and external to the company
- Initiates continuous improvement efforts that ensure root-cause analysis of known, repetitive processing, product and maintenance issue’s leading to product non-conformances and machine/Infrastructure failure.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts assigned engineered work, monitors work for compliance, and coordinates assigned work amongst different divisions.
- Ensures technical accuracy of project design details.
- Assists in preparation of project proposals and regularly communicate with clients to ensure timeliness of project completion.
- Develops and maintains process condition reports that give operators a valid starting point for production allowing operators to quickly get into production and achieve optimum process conditions.
- Develops and documents Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), seeks input from production personnel on improvements, and trains production personnel on SOPs
- Ability to learn and effectively use a variety of tools including SAP production and maintenance modules, purchasing/ invoicing of parts/ services to maintain/ address production processes.
- Ability to identify/ scope capital projects.
- Manage of Change process to document changes to processes and equipment.
- Participate in customer visits/ audits.
- Available to do limited travel to visit material and equipment suppliers, and other company sites for technology exchanges, training, trade shows and conferences
Candidate Must Have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (mechanical or chemical preferred) with at least 5 years progressive job experience, preferably in the Plastics industry and within a manufacturing /maintenance /engineering environment
- A graduate degree is desirable
- Professional registrations and/or certifications are desirable
- Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including: Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP is desirable
- Working knowledge of CAD and other engineering software is desirable
- Relates well to people at all levels in the organization and possesses a balanced sensitivity to employee concerns and business needs
- Elicits cooperation and influences others to drive business strategies, goals and objectives
- Possesses excellent communication and organization skills.
We offer a very competitive base salary, full benefits and relocation assistance. For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a brief cover letter with salary expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Extrusion experience
- Manufacturing experience