The incumbent in this position will manage the implementation of complex capital investments. This includes concept development, extended basic engineering, process optimization, technical and economic evaluation of alternatives, scope definition and control, estimating, cost control, scheduling, ensuring schedule compliance, detailed engineering and design, compliance with engineering, safety and environmental standards and procedures, global procurement of goods and services, overall supervision of construction and preparation of information for submittal of environmental permit applications
This position provides direct supervision, management, coaching and training of an international and diverse project team. The Sr. Project Manager acts as the company’s task force leader. When projects are located in an outside engineering firm (EPC/EPCm), the Sr. Project Manager is the liaison between the contractor and the company. In addition, the incumbent is responsible to ensure that all the required resources are identified and available for these investment projects. The know-how and technology transfer from other Production Sites in Germany, U.S. and Asia Pacific is an integral part of the responsibilities. The experiences made related to global procurement should be considered to efficiently execute the project at lowest possible expenditure and optimized for project investment requirements
- Steering Committee / Site Manager
- Program Management of Mega Projects
- Global Technology Experts (R& D, P& T TechCenter, Production and global plant management).
- Functional project organization / Engineering Manager / Engineering experts of disciplines
- HSEQ/ Legal / Communication. Permitting. QA/QC heads
- Project Controlling Lead. Global project procurement and Claims management.
- National and International engineering, construction and installation companies, contractors and suppliers
- External Specialists: Claims management. Scheduler, contract negotiation, project controller, maintenance experts
- Permitting Authorities in the applicable region
- ICA – Investment Coordination and Analysis
Major Tasks & responsibilities:
- Account for the delivery of highly complex technology Capital Investments (>$50MM) or higher with strategic importance to COV.
- Maintain a close working relationship, with global business management in order to define, plan, budget, and execute required capital investment. Support FEL 1 and execute FEL2 through cold commissioning.
- Lead an international, diverse engineering team in such way to define a project to the set Business Strategy and goals.
- Ensure, and be account for the project follows the defined stage gate process.
- Identify requirements, review and secure the necessary engineering discipline, engineering services, procurement and construction support to execute the capital plans and/or the assigned projects (internal and/or outsourcing) EPC/EPCm.
- Work with international contractors in an EPC/EPCm project structure
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the many international support groups within COV as well capital projects and their assistance in project execution.
- Participate as chairperson on Project Steering Committees, be a local point between Project Team and Steering Committee on project issues and decisions as well as program director.
- Implements and usage of preventive claims management techniques
- A BS (University) degree in Engineering, preferably in Chemical Engineering, with a minimum of 15 years of experience of managing investment projects
- Proven track record in delivering international and national projects> $50 MM
- Excellent knowledge of the respective technology preferably combined with operation and technology experience.
- A broad and sound understanding of complex project execution principles and design of the discipline activities.
- Excellent Technical skills about relevant local and global standards
- An understanding of CapEx and OpEx business principles and procedures is beneficial in the handling of cost-related aspects of project management
- Good communication skills and leadership to steer international and multicultural and multi-location teams
- Experience with polyurethane and plastics development in addition to knowledge of the German language is highly beneficial because of the close contact maintained with a company subsidiary on many projects.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent English language skills both written and oral.
- Similar German language skills desirable
- Ability to take over a high degree of accountability and ownership in projects.
- Willingness to travel and take international assignments.
Other Major Financial Magnitude to describe the importance of the position:
- This position is responsible for capital investment projects and is accountable for meeting all scope requirements, including achieving product quality and design capacity and completing the project within the scheduled time frame and appropriate budget.
- The Sr. Project Manager is directly responsible for control of the project scope, schedule and cost.
- The individual must be capable of handling projects > $50MM.
- The Sr. Project Manager provides supervision of a project team with members from EPC or engineering services discipline, personnel, plant site, etc. assigned to his/her projects.
- This Sr. Project Manager fills a key role, bringing together the technical requirements to meet the customer’s business needs.
- Investment volume for projects below $100 MM
Other non-financial magnitude describing the complexity of the position (e.g. number of clients, administrative reports, products or projects):
- The jobholder’s role in the successful execution of these projects is critical to the business result.
- Many problems must be addressed and solved from the first step of project definition and value engineering through detailed design, procurement, construction and plant start-up. The incumbent must balance cost, schedule and plant design to obtain results that satisfy across the board needs
- Many groups, including COV, contribute input to the overall success of each project, and it is the incumbent’s job to evaluate these inputs and utilize them to form a cohesive design.
- The incumbent must be open-minded and flexible to address and solve the many problems that appear as the project progresses. These changes can affect cost, schedule and technical quality.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.