Financial Controls & Oversight - IT COSO Control Testing Consultant
13 open positions
- Charlotte NC
- Des Moines IA
- Minneapolis MN
- Phoenix AZ
- Chandler AZ
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed our customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in the Corporate Controllers group.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting
- Assessing compliance with COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters)
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating the severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators, and others on control related matters and acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- Performing the following for IT Application Control (ITAC) and IT General Control (ITGC) testing:
- Partnering with IT/LOB Process Owners/Control Owners to document significant in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams).
- Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls
- Partnering with IT/LOB Process Owners/Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions
- Validating and providing a credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications
- Performing COSO testing of key ITACs and ITGCs, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies and their impact on internal control over financial reporting
- Validating corrective actions and issues
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business (IT) functions related to assigned process areas
- Provide professional assessment and judgment on results of control testing to testing leadership
- Consult with testing leadership in a professional position related to test results.
- Assisting with projects impacting the team.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- 3 years experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service or Public Accounting
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Strong knowledge of the COSO and COBIT 5 Frameworks.
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Practical experience performing and documenting IT audit/IT COSO ITGC/ITAC testing
- Strong critical thinking skills with an ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Strong relationship management skills ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
All offers for employment with are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.