SEC Reporting Manager
Our External Reporting team has an exciting opportunity for a SEC Reporting Manager, who will possess solid technical accounting and disclosure expertise and support the preparation of our SEC filings, including but not limited to, the 10-Qs and 10-K, 8-Ks, and coordination with our legal team with respect to the Proxy Statement and miscellaneous filings in addition to other special projects as needed. The position is based in San Jose, CA.
- Preparation of the Quarterly and Annual reports on Form 10-Q/K and manage the internal and external review for these documents
- Preparation of quarterly earnings release
- Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the process
- Preparation of US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists to ensure compliance of external financial statements and disclosures
- Research and analyze new and existing accounting and reporting pronouncements, utilizing authoritative guidance and determining external disclosure requirements
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and other issues
- Responsible for effectiveness of internal controls where identified as a process owner; implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
- Work on other special and ad hoc projects in Corporate Controllership as required
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA with 8 years or more of combined professional experience with a “Big 4” accounting firm and technology industry, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting; proficient in US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial reporting matters
- Prior experience with Workiva (formerly Webfilings) and XBRL preferred, but not required.
- An excellent knowledge of SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting and reporting issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate ideas and plans clearly and effectively with internal and external audience
- Good teamwork skills to build collaborative and win/win relationships
- High degree of intellectual curiosity combined with immense attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to independently and simultaneously manage various tasks and projects in a fast-paced environments and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite