Currently, we are seeking Customer Accounts & Services Representative (Contract Role)
Location- La Quinta, CA
Under general supervision provides efficient and effective customer service to power customers, receives payments, handles customer inquiries, resolves complaints and performs data input related to power payment arrangements and creates connect, disconnect, reconnect and trouble orders. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Customer Accounting Representative I interacts with the public over the telephone and/or in person at a customer service window. The incumbent can be expected to be reassigned to Pay Station, Customer Service-El Centro or Headquarters offices as required.
- The telephone call system is monitored by supervision for quality control, a number of telephone calls handled, customer service provided, and posting transactions for accuracy and volume per agent are also monitored.
- An approximate standard of 45 wpm keyboarding speed applies to this classification.
- It is the responsibility of all employees in this classification to report for emergency duty if called. Lacking a bona fide excuse satisfactory to supervision, a second failure to report when called could result in discharge.
The examples of essential functions listed below are representative but not necessarily exhaustive or descriptive and may be assigned other related functions not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment for the position.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides efficient and effective customer service, within established standards, in responding to customers over the telephone and in person; works under moderate supervision.
- Responds to customer and general public inquiries regarding accounts and assists in resolving complaints, making payment arrangements and prepares documents for billing investigations as required.
- Receives requests for service by telephone, in person, electronically and postal correspondence; prepares orders and completes service-related changes.
- Reviews SAP for a customer account and credit information; collecting delinquent accounts, quoting and entering deposits for delinquent accounts.
- Provides quotes, enters, collects deposits on delinquent bills for nonpayment; reviews accounts to transfer to active status or refund and/or transfer over-payments.
- Enters customer data, makes data changes, contacts, creates service orders and notifications for field personnel; establishes installment payment plans and extends account due dates.
- Receives and posts payments, guaranty deposits and miscellaneous expenses.
- Balances and totals cash receipts against computer cash drawer printout and prepares a daily summary of cash collections
- Prepares and reconciles bank deposits with cash receipts, verifies funds for deposits, and prepares deposit slips for armored guard pickup.
- Assists in the determination and resolution of meter reading discrepancies, researches, recalculates and adjust incorrect billing statements.
- Assists customer with EZ Pay Plan, Third Party Notification as required.
- Computes bills as required.
- Reviews reports and claims investigation staff and arranges repayment with customers.
- Prepares and generates computer collection letters for mailing; customizes other correspondence sent to customers
- Exchanges information with public and/or private agencies in order to locate delinquent or relocated customers.
- Opens mail and post billing statements to appropriate accounts.
- Provides office support in other section and unit areas or works on special projects as needed.
- Assists in training new employees by observing and coaching.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High Diploma, including working with customer accounts and negotiating payment arrangements.
2. Call center environment experience
3. A valid driver license issued by the State of California, Department of Motor Vehicles is required.
4. Two years of cashiering experience and one year of telephone customer service experience,
5. Must be able to pass Credit Check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Courteous, effective and efficient customer service techniques, practices and procedures; telephone etiquette; modern office procedures; perform mathematical calculations; personal computer and appropriate business software applications; electronic calculator, copy and fax machines; safe office practices.
- Explain billing policies, procedures and business processes clearly and concisely to assure customers understanding; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, customer accounts, work instructions, procedure manuals, records, reports and correspondence; prepare routine narrative and reports of activities; resolve billing and payment issues in a proactive manner; enter, and post data rapidly and accurately.
- Fluency in the English language is required; ability to speak Spanish is optional; make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately; update computer records; operate computer; calculator, copy and fax machines; calculate figures and amounts such as interests, percentages, and discounts; speak over the telephone effectively, productively, and clearly to customers and employees.
- Respond to questions and deal effectively with irate customers while maintaining emotional control; be prompt and regular in attendance; maintain effective relations with power customers; and work courteously and cooperatively with employees, consumers, agency representatives, and the general public.
- Telephone and head-set, pen, pencil, paper clips, eraser, computer, computer printout, calculator, typewriter, stapler, staple remover, copy machine, fax machine, electronic letter opener, credit card.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a well-lighted office with climatic controlled temperatures; the employee is occasionally exposed to equipment with moving mechanical parts and electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*For immediate consideration, please submit a current resume in MS Word format with a brief cover letter and salary requirements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; sit; talk; hear and listen; the employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.