Compliance Consultant 4
Corporate Risk helps our businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business and, take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wealth Management Investment & Fiduciary Services Compliance team is looking for a Compliance Consultant 4 to support the projects and initiatives related to investment management regulatory requirements.
This position will primarily be responsible for compliance reviews including validation of corrective actions, but will also support investment management product, and provide compliance expertise for projects or initiatives with high risk to identify and mitigate risk.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring risk-based compliance programs to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Work with complex business units and provide compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives to identify and mitigate regulatory risk in business activities.
- Design and develop compliance testing strategies and methodologies evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls and identifies issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations.
- Consult with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify training opportunities designs/coordinates the development of training materials delivers or coordinates training delivery.
- Reports findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Manages and/or coordinates production of periodic compliance performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Manages and/or coordinates site, agency or other examinations conducted by external parties. Manages project teams and may provide guidance to less experienced consultants. May directly manage 1-2 specialists/consultants.
*Please note that this position does not offer license sponsorship.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Experience identifying, analyzing, and escalating issues
- Experience with relevant regulatory requirements, including but not limited to Reg 9 and fiduciary conflicts of interests, Prudent Investor Act, Reg R, Reg W, and parts of the Advisers Act.
- Knowledge of Wealth Management, investment management, and trust/fiduciary businesses
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs to address those issues
- Proven ability to take project from requirements gathering to delivery to meet deadlines for internal customers
- Proven experience in building relationships with compliance management and business unit partners
- Previous Audit or Compliance experience, including knowledge of testing principles and issue/corrective action validation.
- Experience with Audit and Regulatory exams.
- Experience identifying and analyzing Wealth Management data and business processes
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification completed or in progress, such as MBA or CFA.
- Flexibility to adjust to changes in system and regulatory requirements
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work independently
We offer an exceptional base salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.