FPGA Design Engineer
Our client in Melbourne, FL is looking for an Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for architecting/ implementing/testing FPGA-based signal processing solutions for a variety of advanced wireless communications products. You will be involved in all phases of projects, from requirements analysis and system architecture, through coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis and FPGA place and route.
You will work closely with software developers and you will have a hands-on role in product integration and debugging. You must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision. Projects can vary greatly from one to the next, so you must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Assist senior engineers in design implementation.
- Propose solutions and design approaches to meet the requirements and design goals.
- Component research, including specifications, design applicability, price & availability.
- Perform unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end system testing.
- Specifications and Requirements Evaluations.
- Test, debug and data collection for the equipment under development.
- Assist with debugging, repair and retest of equipment returned from customers for repairs.
- Provide technical sales support.
- Provide clear and concise communication of design and development approach or plans to engineer peers, leads, and management.
- Execute work mentioned above with low levels of supervision.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MSEE preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience
- 2 years of experience with wireless communications.
- 2-4 years of experience with digital signal processing hardware and firmware required.
- Must have 4 years of experience with FPGA logic design and simulation using VHDL and/or Verilog.
- 4 years of experience required with the implementation of FPGA algorithms and various digital signal processing components and systems (Digital filters, transforms, multipliers, mathematical operations).
- Must have 2-4 years of experience with digital modulation and demodulation.
- At least 2 years of experience with embedded software programming.