Sr. IT Internal Auditor
We are recruiting for a Sr. IT Internal Auditor to join the Internal Audit team at our company Creative Studios (world headquarters) in Cleveland, Ohio. This position reports directly to the Director, Internal Audit.
Candidate Must Have:
- Plans information technology audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations identifying risk areas preparing audit scope and objectives preparing audit programs.
- Assesses compliance with information technology regulations and controls by executing audit program steps testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance evaluating manual and automated processes identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and technical issues.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Completes audit work papers and memorandum by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintain open communication with management.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings highlighting unresolved issues reviewing working papers preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes identifying root causes.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting and/or technical documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Conduct follow up audits and/or monitors audit findings to ensure management’s remediation of audit findings.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding business, operational, and technical rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities reading professional publications maintaining personal networks participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience.
- BS degree in Accounting and/or Information Technology, or related degree.
- Professional certification such as certified public accountant certified information systems auditor (CISA), certified in the governance of enterprise information technogogy (CGEIT), certified information systems security professional (CISSP), or other similar certifications.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor with commensurate comprehension of:
- Accounting, finance, and/or information technology internal controls and standards.
- IIA, Cobit, Sarbanes-Oxley auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- NIST, ITIL, or related standards.
- The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
- Risk-assessment practices.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software, and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports. ACL expertise a plus.
- Knowledge / Expertise in SAP a plus.
- A keen interest in the financial system.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Project management skills.