Plastic & Composites Applications Development Manager
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. We are known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. Here, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide on-site assistance with injection molding trials at new or existing customers of specialty or specialty blend composites
- Educate new customers as to how to optimize specialty composite processing conditions
- Assist customers with technical services including plastic product design, engineering and design optimization based on specialty composite material properties
- Support specialty sales team with joint customer visits, help market the value of specialty based composites
- Troubleshoot, carry out failure analysis and promote part/processing solutions to issues that might arrive with the use of SPECIALTY and/or SPECIALTY blends
- Determine appropriate SPECIALTY composite grade/s to meet a specific part performance need
Knowledge and Experience:
- Support customer injection molding trials, product reviews and other technical support functions at customer sites to ensure SPECIALTY product successful performance
- Support SPECIALTY sales efforts by applying strong technical knowledge. Be an integral part of the sales team to promote SPECIALTY and educate potential or existing customers
- Identify and promote best SPECIALTY composite blend ratios for customers to meet their specific part performance needs.
- Assist customers with design support to help customers with an easier conversion to SPECIALTY composites
- Support new product development activities.
- Coordinate and monitor all technical service related issues to ensure their timely execution with both internal and partner companies.
- Maintain or create customer centric documents to facilitate the correct processing conditions for SPECIALTY composites (molding guide, etc.)
- Assist sales and marketing with development of go-to-market plans
- Develop contacts and relationships across the organization to understand how to effectively leverage our enterprise strengths and capabilities to maximize value
- B.S. Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Science in Plastics Engineering.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in plastic injection molding, tooling, and product failure analysis; knowledge in extrusion and blow molding a plus
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Exceptional understanding / knowledge of global molding processes
- Capability to work effectively across diverse cultures, and in multiple time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to connect and assist customers from the shop floor to the executive level
- Ability to motivate teams and influence without direct authority.
- Understanding / knowledge of molder manufacturing and injection molding economics
- Automotive supply industry and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Well established relationships with processors across multiple markets a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Command Skills
- Motivating Others
- Negotiating Skills
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
10+ to 15 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Always
We offer an exceptional base salary, full and comprehensive benefits and relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.