DIRECTOR LABORATORY SERVICES - $15,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Reporting to the Hospital Administrators and Pathologists the Laboratory Director is a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, (CLS), licensed by the State of California Department of Health Services who has supervisory experience.
- The Director must have a broad knowledge of all areas of the laboratory; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with all laboratory and hospital staff, Pathologists, and hospital administrators; must have a broad knowledge of laboratory management and personnel supervision.
- The Laboratory Department Director performs supervisory duties pertinent to the normal functioning of the Clinical Laboratory in its support of all areas of the general hospital.
- Every employee of the laboratory is expected to promote the mission and philosophy of the hospital by acting in a caring, courteous and confidential manner towards patients, visitors, colleagues, and staff by performing their duties and responsibilities according to the expected standards.
- Every member of the Laboratory Staff is expected to perform their duties and to accept the responsibility of the accuracy of their work as dictated in their Professional Standards as Clinical Laboratory Scientists or Health Care Workers.
- Staff members will maintain the confidentiality of all reports, maintain the integrity of identification of patient samples and will perform designated tasks which will enable the laboratory to comply with all regulatory standards of Clinical and Anatomic Laboratories.
- CA CLS License
- ASCP Registry recommended
- 5+ years experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Medical Technology/Biological Science required
- MBA, MHA, MS (or other Masters level degree) preferred
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.