Senior Tax Accountant - Provision
Reports to the Manager, U.S. Income Tax, and is responsible for the day-to-day responsibilities of the U.S. income tax provision function, as well as state and federal income tax returns, estimated tax calculations and extension requests.
In this role, you will not only be able to perform in a technical capacity but you will also have the opportunity to drive better efficiency and processes through continuous improvement efforts. It’s important that the Sr. Tax Accountant utilize their interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and our lines of business. Each line of business and service link is treated as a mini-client.
Position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Assist with preparation of annual and quarterly tax provision calculations, analyses, and documentation, as well as related financial statement disclosures.
- Responsible for analyzing and reconciling the FIN 48 tax reserve accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Review and reconcile all corporate income tax accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated federal income tax return and supporting work papers.
- Assist with the preparation of state and local corporate income and franchise tax returns. and supporting work papers.
- Assist with gathering and summarizing information for corporate income and franchise tax audits.
- Tax research as required to support tax reduction strategies and to analyze the tax effects of proposed business transactions.
- Provide information as required to outside consultants, specifically relating to special projects.
- Develop and maintains critical relationships with external auditors, FP&A, Accounting, Treasury, Legal and Operational Controllers to ensure open communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least three (3) years of U.S Income Tax Accounting experience (public or private industry)
Preferred Qualifications (In addition to Basic Qualifications)
• Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices and their application
- Knowledge of pertinent tax laws, codes and regulations
- Experience with specialized software
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently, be self-motivated and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong office and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to research and analyze a variety of information
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships