Manager, International Tax
A successful Manager, International Tax is analytical, detail oriented, thorough and a creative thinker as this role manages and supports tax research and planning projects and initiatives, identifies tax implications of proposed transactions and business plans, and provides tax advice to business partners.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Coordinate with and manage the U.S. tax compliance program and foreign tax preparers to complete preparation of U.S. international and local country tax compliance.
- Manage international aspects of IRS audits and controversies, and coordinate with foreign tax preparers/representatives to handle local country tax audits and controversies.
- Coordinate with our Canadian tax team on cross-border tax compliance, audit, and planning matters.
- Complete research to support positions taken in the tax returns and prepare required supporting documentation, including memoranda.
- Support international acquisitions with regards to valuation, due diligence, structuring/planning, and post-acquisition integration tax matters.
- Manage cross-functional teams and external tax advisers to identify and implement tax planning strategies.
- Development and implement intercompany transfer pricing policies and maintain and update transfer pricing documentation. Manage advance pricing and mutual agreement processes.
- Advise business partners on matters related to tax implications of customer contracts.
- Coordinate with the tax accounting team to ensure all international tax implications are properly reflected in the effective tax rate ensure efficient integration of the tax accounting and international tax compliance processes.
- Monitor impact of changes in tax law on the company’s effective tax rate and international tax compliance obligations.
- Develop and maintain internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 for the international tax compliance and planning processes ensuring no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses. Coordinate with the Internal Audit Department to complete audits of internal controls.
- Coach fellow tax professionals and other functional teams on international tax
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
- B.S Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least three (3) years of U.S. International and foreign tax concepts, including hybrid entities and securities, repatriation strategies, Subpart F, global intangible low-taxed income, foreign tax and credits, and holding company and inter-company financing strategies.
- At least three (3) Experience developing international tax planning strategies and leading cross-functional teams to implement them.
- At least three 3 years of federal income tax experience and how they apply to international taxes
- At least five (5) years of experience with the Basic Qualifications listed above
We offer an exceptional base salary, bonus, full benefits and relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.