Responsible for working with the information security management team to administer the Company’s information security programs, maintain Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and PCI DSS compliance programs, and supporting a variety of security systems and processes. Researches, evaluates, recommends, designs, implements, and administers information security controls that meet strategic and tactical information security objectives. Represents IT Security across IT and business projects and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide thought leadership and guidance across a wide range of technologies at an enterprise-level for security architecture, design, engineering, and strategic planning.
- Aligns standards, frameworks and security solutions with the overall business and technology strategy.
- Provides SME level operational support for the security platforms managed by the Information Security team including: firewalls, web application firewalls, DNS, data loss prevention, advanced endpoint protection, privileged user management, vulnerability scanners, file integrity monitoring, security incident and event management, remote connectivity, eDiscovery, web publishing, etc.
- Uses project management best practices to initiate, manage, and close projects, often simultaneously across a variety of projects. Creates and maintains documents related to projects and information security.
- Works with the information security management team to administer, maintain, and continuously improve SOX, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and internal controls compliance programs, investigate known or suspected security incidents, support internal and external audits, and assist in the development and implementation of audit response Management Action Plans champion new security solution initiatives and lead proof of concept efforts for the enterprise, serve as the information security delegate to the enterprise architecture team, and promote security best practices via awareness, example, and compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Familiar with and ability to apply time-proven, generally accepted information security methodologies, concepts and techniques.
- Strong understanding of current and developing security technologies and trends.
- Strong, effective written and oral communication skills that enables effective communications to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern enterprise security architectures.
- Strong understanding of pragmatic implementation of information security controls, holistic defense-in-depth strategies, and protocols used to interconnect networks, and publish application resources.
- Strong understanding of patch management and security configuration of enterprise technology systems.
- Strong understanding of PCI, HIPAA, and SOX regulatory requirements.
- Development/analysis proficiency in one or more scripting languages.
- Ability to learn and retain skills required to adapt to evolving business and technical needs.
- Ability to appropriately influence and motivate others.
- Ability to mentor team members.
- Ability to occasionally work during non-standard shifts, in an on-call capacity, and be available for occasional travel (up to 5%).
- College degree or equivalent experience with a minimum 7 years of concentrated information security experience. Active CISSP, ISSAP, CCSP, CISA, or CISM certification preferred.
- Hands-on experience with use and administration of 5 or more of the following technologies:
- Next Generation Firewalls – 2 years minimum
- Web Application Firewalls – 2 years minimum
- Advanced Endpoint Security – 2 years minimum
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) – 2 years minimum
- Cloud Computing Security – 1 year minimum
- DNS – 1 year minimum
- Vulnerability scanning tools – 1 year minimum
- Secure Mail Gateways – familiarity
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – familiarity
- Privileged User Management (PUM) – familiarity
- Experience identifying and addressing security design gaps and security risks associated with host and network operating systems enterprise services (e.g. directory services, email, content management and collaboration, web publishing, database, network routing and switching, and virtualization) client-server, thin-client, and web-based applications enterprise applications (e.g. ERP) cloud services and storage platforms.