Application Engineering Specialist- Injection Molding
As an Application Engineering Specialist- Injection Molding, this role will lead/provide detailed plastic part and mold design, engineering and processing project support for major COV customers in support of Marketing & Sales Regional Scope: NAFTA
Candidate Must Have
- Independently lead the engineering aspects of major customer and development projects
- Carry out highly sophisticated analyses utilizing advanced CAE tools (structural, mold-filling, others) to determine viability of COV materials to specific component applications
- Interface with internal and external customers to provide expert advice and sui engineering solutions
- Troubleshoot complex part design and processing issues of molded parts and provide COV friendly solutions
- Develop and present technical seminars and contribute to technical content for COV knowledge management for key design & engineering topics
- Lead the development of design concepts for new applications in major industries such as automotive, medical, electrical
- Act as technical expert in specific technical topics, requiring high level understanding of “state-of-the-art” technology, in order to positively position COV products/services in the marketplace.
- Lead in the investigation of new and competitive technologies related to plastics engineering and design
- Technical expertise in plastic part and mold design, as demonstrated by high level of engineering service provided to internal and external customers
- Demonstrated mastery of several CAE techniques backed by at least 5 years of experience in applying these techniques effectively to production parts.
- Broad, experience-based technical knowledge of materials, processing, joining methods, part design and mold design in order to advise internal and external customers in support of COV sales and/or technical advancement
- Demonstrated ability to quickly determine root cause of complex technical problems and to arrive at solutions that support the technical and business goals.
- Working knowledge of one or more methods of part testing such as experimental stress analysis or physical properties testing.
- Thorough understanding and experience with injection molding equipment and processes
- Degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering required
- BS 8+ years of relevant technical experience
- MS 6+ years of relevant technical experience
- Proven experience in CAE software (SolidWorks, ABAQUS, Moldflow) highly desirable
- Minimum 5 yrs experience in designing, engineering, processing and troubleshooting plastic injection molded parts
- Knowledge of respective chemistry, processing, structure property, relationship
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Leadership experience and skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Fluency in English