The Technical Writer is a Service support specialist who produces high-quality documentation and other materials used by Services Associates, Contractors and Customers. This role will join the Global Product Technical Support team and work closely with key subject matter experts to improve the user experience of Biosciences products. This position will play a critical role in delivering well written documentation that have a positive experience for our customers and drive workforce performance globally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product documentation requirements. This includes designing, editing, converting and publishing service documents such as publications, bulletins, architectural documents by use of DITA XML or Madcap Flare
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, service tools and service guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of instruments and applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single sourcing opportunities
- Produce and maintain high quality service documentation for new and existing instruments including, but not limited to, service bulletins, procedures, and manuals while ensuring the accuracy, integrity and validation of these documents in partnership with product support specialists.
- Develop and maintain business procedures for the technical writing function in the Services department, optimize the document management and control system in the department for all products.
- Act with highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and integrity consistent with BD core values.
- Bring regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Promote a safe work environment. Participates in Environmental Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Previous experience working as a Technical Writer. Experience as an technical Instructor, Field Service Engineer or Product Support Engineer is a plus.
- Writing skills that include logically organizing information and creating error-free PDF files
- Previous experience with adoption and application of web-based platforms used in technical publications functions
- Effective critical thinking, organizational, creative and teamwork abilities
- Previous experience in the biomedical/biotechnology field or equivalent
- Basic understanding of FDA and CE requirements is a plus
- You’ll need superb (internal) customer-facing/handling skills were proficiency in English is a must.
- Work with minimal direction to create concise, effective materials
- Think creatively and strategically to present the value of services
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, video and pictures
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, English, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical writing or similar capacity
- Working knowledge of Madcap Flare, FrameMaker, Photoshop, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
We offer an excellent base salary and full company benefits. For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format along with a brief cover letter and salary expectations.