Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed our customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Controller’s Division is responsible for the Company’s financial statements, establishing corporate accounting policies, preparing SEC and regulatory reports and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls. The Division also manages and supports the Company’s General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets systems.
This Financial Accounting Consultant role will be a part of a team that executes on the data provider role for SEC, Regulatory, FED and TIC reporting for the Capital Markets businesses.
The role will be within the Broker Dealer and Traded Products Center of Excellence team within the Controllers organization. Due to the complexity and diversity of the Capital Markets businesses, there are many manual reporting submissions to assist the Financial Reporting group with the completion of the 10K/Q’s and Regulatory Reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Partnership with the Financial Reporting team and other support partners such as Operations, Finance and Risk Management teams will be critical to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all reporting.
- Position will assist in monitoring compliance with the Regulatory and Risk Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework. Additionally, there will requirements to interface and work with Audit, QA, COSO and other control related, internal and external groups.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and;
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- Ability to develop scripts to automate user reporting
- Ability to develop, automate, and streamline: reports, analytical scorecards, and business reviews
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of MS SQL server
- Knowledge and understanding of report creation: repea and automated reports
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
Additional Desired Quals:
- Ability to re-engineer and automate reporting using knowledge of Access, Excel and other tools for tactical efficiency
- Knowledgeable in SEC disclosure matters and common Regulatory and TIC Reports
- Good understanding of Capital Markets products and associated accounting and reporting requirements for Securitizations, Derivatives, Trading Securities, AFS and HTM Securities, Non-market Equity Securities and Structured Debt
- Ability to partner well with Technology, Financial Reporting, Controls & Oversight, Finance, Operations, Risk Management and Front Office groups to ensure completeness and accuracy of reporting
- Knowledge and experience with either the company’s G&O Framework and/or the COSO internal controls model
- Audit experience or other risk and control experience is highly preferred
- Ability to manage reporting deadlines for a large number of reports
We offer an excellent base salary in addition to a full and comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.