SENIOR MOLDING PROCESS ENGINEER
New state of the art injection molding facility starting up in Columbus, NE to manufacture medical devices. We have a number of injection molding sites located worldwide. This site will be the Center of Excellence of injection molding for one of the largest injection molding companies in the world.
Factory of the future technologies employed at the Center of Excellence will include all electric injection molding presses, automatic resin handling systems, in-mold sensor technology, robotic part removal, automated component handling and inspection and automated mold changes.
This is an opportunity for highly motivated, forward thinking, self-starters to join this world class organization.Responsible for the molding activities to attain strategic objectives through continuous improvement in productivity, quality, cost and budget compliance at the new molding COE.
Ensures compliance with quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and safety regulations, policies and procedures. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to read, write and converse in English.
Establish documentation requirements for all processes including but not limited to:
- Establish a robust process window by applying Scientific / Decoupled Molding techniques along with design of experiments (DOEs).
- Establish a relationship between key process input variables (KPIVs) and key process output variables (KPOVs) for each component.
- Specify the equipment required in the molding cell for an application to include molding press, robot, EOAT, hot runner controller, water temperature controller, material loader, weigh blender, dryers, inspection equipment, etc.
- Participate in factory acceptance tests (FATs) at the mold vendor.Lead complex projects and maintain project timeline and budget.
- Develop a business case for to improve the quality and reduce the cost of molded components.
- Read and maintain a working knowledge of Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Provides technical process support to the organization and mentor molding technicians.
- Interface with the Manufacturing Manager on a daily basis to determine production needs related to process and other technical issues.
- Manage sampling program.
- Process sheets and database for set-up information, special notes and to maintain required history.
- Create and administer training programs for Process and Mold Setup Technicians as well as existing staff on new equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of production schedule and ensure technical issues are acknowledged and addressed to support schedule.
- Act as technical lead responsible for new mold sampling, DOE’s, material samples, engineering changes, etc.
- Establish injection Molding and robotic process for all new jobs
- Establish acceptable process variation allowances and associated process window.
- Act as technical lead on reduction projects for scrap through controlled planning with Manufacturing Manager.
- Lead automation projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Mentor and develop other process engineers. Provide technical guidance for mold and hot runner design.
- This position supervises: Small Team (1 to ~10)
- Coordinate and control all cost, delivery and quality objectives for the design, construction and validation of assigned injection molding projects.
- Establish a robust process window for all injection molded components using Scientific Molding techniques along with Design for Experiments (DOE’s).
- Ensure molding cell is sized properly for the application.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) yrs. experience in plastics engineering or related engineering.
- Seven to ten yrs. experience in business, engineering, plastics or related discipline.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: Yes