Financial Controls & Oversight Sr Cons
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed customerexpectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Business COSO Testing team is a component of Enterprise Controls & Oversight Group in Corporate Controllers.
The Business COSO team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
This individual will be a member of the Business COSO team responsible for the following team directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial, risk, and regulatory reporting control environment
- Overseeing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters)
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- Performing COSO Monitoring team responsibilities including:
- Supervising and reviewing the work of other COSO Monitoring Team Members who perform COSO Monitoring Team directives.
- Performing walk through of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications
- Performing COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting
- Assessing the components of internal control for the business unit
- Monitoring open control deficiencies and validating corrective actions
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the SEC and Regulatory Reporting internal control infrastructures.
- Assisting with projects impacting the team including implementing the Company’s COSO-based Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework and the 2013 COSO Framework.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit.
- BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- Big four public accounting experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Experience with governance and oversight accountabilities
- Experience with large financial institutions