The Mechanical Engineer is accountable to develop and implement an evergreen reliability strategy for their area of responsibility and align reliability targets with the business targets. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of maintenance and reliability as well as knowledge of concepts surrounding root cause analysis, defect elimination, and failure mode and effective analysis.
- Ensure the mechanical integrity of assigned assets
- Support plant maintenance to ensure production output and maintenance cost targets are met and improved
- Accountable for maintenance budgets in assigned cost centers.
- Ensure that shutdown and turn around scope are aligned with the asset management strategy for the unit and engineering best practices.
- Responsible for scope definition and accountable for technical acceptance of plant modifications, from the reliability perspective, which can include small to mid-sized projects
- Manage projects
- Maintain and safeguard the as-built plant documentation standards and drawings in assigned area.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Knowledge of rotating and static equipment.
- Six Sigma green belt training
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team member.
- Ability to interact professionally with management in various departments.
- Demonstrate self-directed and non-authoritative leadership skills.
- Effective analytical skills and structured working style.