As an Electrical/Controls Engineer at our manufacturing facility in the Newark/Hebron area, this position is responsible for the preparation and execution of the electrical/controls portion of our capital and infrastructure projects. This role does the planning and coordination of electrical/controls engineering and design of new facilities and renovations of existing facilities. It assists in developing standards for controls technology to be used. Typically, this position is responsible for various projects at the plant site and is part of a project team.
Major Tasks & responsibilities:
Candidate Must Have
- Provide project management services to execute the electrical/controls portion of particular capital projects. This includes scope definition, estimating, appropriation request, scheduling, engineering, software development, purchasing installation, cost control, start-up support and checkout.
- Assist the manpower planning by determining the amount of man power required to support the projects or tasks managed.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of construction and engineering contractors from an electrical/controls point of view.
- Continually evaluate opportunities for production and productivity improvements.
- Assist the observation of new technological developments for process control in the market place and check for their economical usage for plant capital projects.
- Participate in the development and updating of standards for electrical/controls engineering practices and procedures.
- Employee must be able to troubleshoot and make recommendations to improve plant processes and operations.
- The incumbent will also participate in planning, scheduling, and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Assist in developing safety, ISO9000, and training procedures, written and oral, as related to the electrical/controls area.
- Implement control systems for extrusion processes and other Site processes and interface with HMI systems. (Human Machine Interface.)
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an electrical engineering role with experience in controls and integration is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s is preferred, with capabilities to configure and program these controllers.