Chiropractor (Palm Springs)
General Summary of Duties:
The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, being responsible for the care, direction and progression of chiropractic treatments and patients.
Essential Duties & Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Dexterity: You will use your hands to move a patient's body and provide therapeutic exercise.
- Interpersonal Skills: You will be working one-on-one with patients every day. You will need to like working with people in close situations, be a good communicator and listener. You will need to talk with patients and their families and be able and willing to deliver both good and bad news in most compassionate way possible.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Uphold company vision and values.
- Provide consultations, exams, and treatment plans
- Ability to provide high volume of Chiropractic adjustments daily
- Primarily utilizing various techniques and diversified adjustments
- Ability to educate patients on benefits of regular chiropractic care
- Enter chiropractic visits notes into electronic notes software
- Stamina: You will need strength and stamina to do the job.
- Compassion: People come to you in pain, and will have concerns and doubts about their recovery.
- Attention to Detail: Physical therapists need to observe a patient's issues, and analyze what is needed to help them ease their pain, without putting them at risk of further injury.
Education, Licenses and/or Experience:
Conditions: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Similarly, the work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a Doctor of Chiropractic degree and/or professional certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, and to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is high to moderate.
• Competitive Salary
• Medical Plans (PPO, HMO, KAI)
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Dental (DMO & PPO)
• Vision (VSP)
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation & Sick
• Paid Holidays
• Typical work days 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm
• No call, nights or weekends
• 401k Package
• Basic Life Insurance
• Career Growth & Development
• Continuing Education Programs (limited)
• Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
• Direct Deposit
• Quarterly Team Building Activities
• Corporate Employee Discount Program (limited discounts)
**Compensation is competitive and based on experience and credentials
Disclaimer: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the position, department, or the business.