Nurse Practitioner (Palm Springs)
We are a pain management company that specializes in a multi-disciplinary approach to pain. We are a group of passionate physicians ranging from Anesthesiologists, Pain Doctors, Doctors of Naturopathic, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Psychologists and Psychiatrists. We also have a complete Physical Reconditioning Department which includes Physical Therapy, Yoga, Tai Chi and Movement Therapy.
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help people that are in pain and change their quality of life for the better.
At DCPI, we care about our employees and strive to create a corporate culture that empowers people and ideas. We also hope to create an environment where people thrive and enjoy coming to work.
We are paving the way to modern medicine and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference! Candidates should excel in fast paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in pain management. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available!
We are looking for the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team!
Areas of Responsibility:
The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to, the following areas
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results
- May prescribe and dispense medication when granted authority in accordance with State licensure and medical staff privileges
- Collect, order, and interpret lab work and diagnostic studies following established protocols
- May perform injections consistent with training and privileges under the direction of the direction of the Pain Management Service Line Medical Director
- Order therapies such as occupational and physical therapy, and may refer for other services such as psychological and psychiatric services
- Will work efficiently, meeting or exceeding productivity and quality metrics.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Uphold company vision and values
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external patients through positive attitude and interactions. Maintains a harmonious working relationship with staff, managers and administration.
- Performs other duties consistent with the above responsibilities.
- Follows departmental and clinic policies and procedures as they pertain to this position.
- Follows all departmental and clinic safety rules.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Current Nurse Practitioner licensure in the state of California
• Competitive Salary
• Medical Plans (PPO, HMO, KAI)
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Dental (DMO & PPO)
• Vision (VSP)
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO) – Vacation & Sick
• Paid Holidays
• Typical work days 8:00am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 6:00pm
• No call, nights or weekends
• 401k Package
• Basic Life Insurance
• Career Growth & Development
• Continuing Education Programs (limited)
• Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
• Direct Deposit
• Quarterly Team Building Activities
• Corporate Employee Discount Program (limited discounts)
**Compensation is competitive and based on experience and credentials