Ideal candidate has experience working in Medical Device Industry with experience in up and downstream marketing, new product launch, worked with both direct and indirect sales force, getting first hand customer information, creative and strong communication.
The Senior Global Product Manager is responsible for marketing related to Codman Specialty Surgical, Precision Tools & Instruments. This position performs activities such as ongoing assessment of new ideas, market research, marketing plan/buying process, product positioning and segmentation, pricing strategy, and global financial valuations. This position also may create new product launch packet materials/tools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads development of product marketing plans by preparing objectives, strategies, tactics, profit and loss projections, including short and long-term strategies
- Manages new product development marketing activities for specific products within the respective Group, including new idea review and recommendations, concept and design development, technique development, project management and market introduction
- Actively mentors less-experienced group members in Marketing-related areas
- Recommends product line extensions and/or line trimming, forecasting, pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, labeling revisions, clinical studies, manufacturing and customer service/operations support for existing product line(s) which would ultimately build the value of the product line and maximize product line earnings
- Determines strategic product line decisions such as priority of product or line enhancements which optimize organizational goals and objectives by evaluating competitors’ products and by determining market share and market trends; keeps others informed by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations
- Develops product oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, product updates and content for corporate marketing vehicles such as web sites, brochures and seminars
- Monitors product development progress with engineering, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and related departments to ensure product line objectives are achieved on a timely basis
- Prepares annual budget forecasts for the marketing functions related to the product line(s)
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with strategic industry experts and trade organizations, field visits with key surgeons and sales consultants, participation in key meetings and conferences to ensure company and products are perceived superior relative to the competition Collaborates with sales to ensure a high quality of sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key surgeon/key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive
- Establishes and maintains key close professional relationships with internal and external constituents to stay abreast of new market opportunities. Continually pushes for new innovations within existing product line
- Routinely interfaces with the managers/directors of other product lines offered by the company to fully understand the relationships within the portfolio of products offered by the Company
- Monitors forecasts as necessary and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure product availability throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Maintains up-to-date product and industry knowledge by regular review of the literature, co-traveling with field sales personnel, attending surgeries, etc.
- Supports the Company’s medical education initiative by assisting in the preparation and running of surgeon training courses which may include didactic and cadaver labs
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Communications and other related departments to ensure products are properly positioned in the market utilizing creative promotional, pricing, service, and product characteristic strategies to maximize sales and profits
- Participates in strategic sales and marketing planning activities for assigned products in order to identify key targets, surgeons, and hospitals by specific product
- Performs other duties as required
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, biological industry, or closely related
- Performed quantitative analysis to guide global/regional performance and decision making
- Created components of comprehensive global marketing plans
- Managed elements of new product commercialization launch
- Experience getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements (e.g. KOLs, market research, VOC)
- Effectively worked with both direct and indirect sales force to achieve result
- Implemented elements of brand positioning strategies that resulted in incremental demand for product
- Experience working with a best in class repeatable marketing methodology is a plus
- Flawless execution of communication and promotional campaigns (e.g. labs, tradeshows, customer education)
- Strong analytic, technical and conceptual aptitude
- Proven strategic planning and implementation capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and coaching skills at the employee and management levels
- Average travel requirement is approximately 45%
5+ years of experience within the medical device industry
Bachelor’s degree required
Experience Launching new products
Up an Down Stream Marketing
Experience working with both direct and indirect sales force to achieve results
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.