Our client is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Their products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
- Manage the delivery of infrastructure and end-user support to the Specialty Materials business. Define, monitor and manage to agreed service levels for IT service delivery.
- Lead a team of IT professionals by understanding business priorities and align resource and efforts to achieve business results.
- Drive customer-focused improvements for infrastructure services, help desk and end-user support.
- Develop strategies for on premise and cloud-based implementations; architect the infrastructure design required to deliver systems capabilities to the business.
- Coordinate and collaborate with network engineering, business applications, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of environments.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and standards for deployment and maintenance of IT landscapes; develop & maintain IT procedures, and monitor compliance to policies and standard work.
- Evaluate cloud and server technology, software, and protocols in support of delivery of IT capabilities to the business.
- Apply lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles to delivery IT services; develop standard work and monitor compliance to defined processes to ensure quality of service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
- Proficient in IT service delivery, service request / help desk management
- Oracle, Maximo, etc. experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of at least 5 of the following: VMWare ESX, Netapp SnapVault, SnapMirror, Windows Server technologies, Windows 7 and XP, RedHat, Linux, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Proxy, Apache, ASP, or XML.
- Advanced knowledge of systems development life cycles methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN as well as Active Directory.
- At least five years' equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAAS and cloud-based solutions.
- Working knowledge of Toyota Production System, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in data-driven process improvement for delivering IT services to business partners and customers.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining IT hardware including desktop, SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
Certification and Licensing Requirements
- Certifications in ITIL, Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing are preferred.
- Certifications in server virtualization technologies, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft Active Directory are a plus.
- Root-cause analysis
- Customer-focused process improvement
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and define & implement process improvements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization; utilization of appropriate channels (email, in-person, etc.) to ensure alignment with stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects at various stages with limited supervision in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with and through others to achieved desired results.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to foster collaborations, inspire confidence, and motivate individuals across diverse teams in a manufacturing environment in order to meet objectives.
Our company and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.