Brief Posting Description
Selects, trains and assists the Distribution Center operations staff to achieve objectives by growing sales, reducing operating costs, improving billing margins and improving customer service.
Detailed Description Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Understand and support Lean standards and support procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, control of nonconforming products, corrective and preventative action, control of quality records, training and statistical techniques.
• Work with the management and personnel to grow sales, reduce operating costs, improve billing margin and improve customer service within the assigned District.
• Implement and ensure consistent compliance with standard procedures, policies, internal audit controls, Sarbanes-Oxley controls and applicable quality system requirements.
• Work with the purchasing group to process supplier returns of excess/obsolete inventory and inactive inventory write-offs.
• Process and dispose of inactive inventory in accordance with Instruction Manual Section 5-16 and as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
• Ensure timely processing of all customer claims and deductions.
• Maintain customer costs and selling prices in systems using DPS and WESOM to ensure that proper margins are received and accurate supplier charge backs are made.
• Provide overall direction and support for facilities, administration, customer service, audit support/compliance where applicable.
• Address field accounting issues as necessary.
• File and maintain Certificates of Liability Insurance for suppliers of services.
• Prepare / develop routine and confidential reports and documents using various software programs.
• Manage workforce planning.
• Assist in the recruitment, selection, training/coaching of personnel.
• Develop and train employees in activities related to job function requirements, which include the procedures, PC knowledge, quality systems, etc.
• Provide strong leadership to all personnel to meet and exceed performance objectives and encourage professional development at all levels to ensure future growth and reduce turnover.
• Performs other duties as required
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Ability to explain and in selected areas teach appropriate policies, procedures and associate practices
• Strong bilingual communicator with strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills and coaching experience
• Ability to work on a non-standard schedule,1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday only) with overtime depending on volume.
• Strong computer skills - Practical understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), WMS – warehouse management systems, and an ability to learn new programs.
• Strong knowledge of inventory control processes.
• Ability to work and lead in a team environment.
• Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others
• Distribution background.
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience required, 8 years preferred
• “Direct to customer” distribution experience.
• LEAN - 6 Sigma