Brief Posting Description:
The Senior Lean Facilitator is a senior position responsible for deployment and execution of strategic continuous improvement initiatives. This is a talent injection point into the organization which can lead to advancement opportunities into high performance positions within the company. This individual is aligned with the strategic objective of the organization and leads projects/programs to drive sustainable business results. The Senior Lean Facilitator facilitates Kaizens, conducts data analysis, identifies root causes and develops sustainable solutions based upon the PDCA approach. The Senior Lean Facilitator develops and conducts training to LEAN Leaders and mentors Facilitators, Specialists, Field Champions, Green and Yellow Belts. The Senior Lean Facilitator works with suppliers and customers and assist with their LEAN development.
- Assist in the development of complex LEAN initiatives with input from process owners to provide significant value for internal/external customers based on cascading corporate goals and objectives
- Manage the development and the execution of the implementation strategy through full deployment across the 400+ discrete locations throughout our branch/DC network and operating groups to ensure specific objectives are achieved
- Assist in executive and board level updates regarding initiative components, results and accomplishments
- Facilitate high profile Kaizen events with V.P. executive stakeholders
- Mentor senior Vice Presidents and Directors on their role as LEAN Leaders
- Serve as a catalyst and change agent to promote and foster a continuous improvement culture
- Serve as an influential and motivational trainer in Change Management and LEAN thinking
- Promote and support LEAN self-sufficiency via application of the LEAN toolkit
- Assist in the development of Lean Facilitators and Analysts through personal example, coaching/mentoring and formal/informal training may include direct reporting relationship
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the LEAN embedment strategy via training, coaching and mentoring of LEAN Field Champions, Green/Yellow Belts and LEAN Leaders (Blue Belts) in the use of LEAN tools and methodologies.
- Promote and enhance a teamwork relationship amongst Lean group members.
- Promote out-of-the-box thinking and continuously generate new ideas to improve processes, service, efficiency, inventory, cost and space. Create an environment to ensure teamwork, empowerment, defined responsibilities and employee development among LEAN team employees
- Lead structured kaizen (continuous improvement) events in a cross-functional team setting and demonstrate successful outcomes select and utilize appropriate LEAN tools.
- Align with corporate goals around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, perform root cause analysis on gaps, rigorously identify waste, and work with leadership to drive sustainable corrective action
- Utilize Project Management skills to manage kaizen results and action plans through implementation
- Develop training and standardized tools for Green and Yellow Belts and coach through certification
- Application of LEAN tools VSM, PDCA, 5S, Gemba, Kaizen Facilitation, Red Bin, SMED, Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement, TPM, Visual / Daily Management, Root Cause, Gap Analysis, Pareto, DMAIC, Enterprise VSM, MRS/Kanban, PFEP
- 4 years experience with a company recognized for their continuous improvement/LEAN culture.
- 3 years exposure to LEAN through an extensive course curriculum, certification and practical experience in an organization with a successful LEAN track record.
- 3 years experience in a LEAN transformation environment where the organization was in the developmental stages of LEAN.
· MBA Grads in Engineering, Logistics, Technical or related required.
- Strong track record of accomplishments–able to articulate in this area.
- Solid project management skills/kaizen event experience –from initiation through full implementation.
- Strong process-oriented and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills, to include proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Willingness to travel on a 30-50% basis.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.