Sponsorship transfer available for H1B candidatesProject Controls Lead
We are seeking hire an experienced Project Controls Lead. The ideal candidate will have a AA, BS, or Master’s Degree and a minimum of 12 years’ experience working as a controls lead on capital expense projects in a chemical or petrochemical environment.
This position will manage a group of controllers and schedulers in a large project or portfolio of projects (i.e. program). Candidates for this position will be responsible for all project controlling tasks in a key project or in a portfolio of related projects. These projects range in size from 20 million USD to 1 billion USD.
Candidates must determine and execute these project controlling tasks independently and in compliance with the organization’s procedures, guidelines, and best practices. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of (project) controlling tools and knowledge under supervision of the Head of Project Controls, who is accountable for all project controls activities within the organization. Candidate will be expected to accumulate expertise as a subject matter expert in all project controls areas. Experience training members of the project controls team is desired.
Major tasks and responsibilities
1) This position is responsible for scheduling, (resource) planning, progress monitoring, monitoring of resource utilization, forecasting, and reporting. Experience identifying project controls tasks according to project scope requirements or situation.
2) Spending planning, project accounting, cost forecasting, and reporting
3) Contribution to procurement planning and contract management
4) Facilitation of project risk management
5) Contribution to the investigation and resolution of compliance issues
6) Development of subject matter training material and training of project controllers, project managers, engineers, and functional managers
1) Proficiency in all aspects of project controlling and scheduling for chemical or industrial plants from project conception through closeout
2) Field experience for design/build projects in a petrochemical environment.
3) In-depth knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction, and understanding of how these functions work together to accomplish successful capital investments
4) Proficiency in project management techniques – for example: earned value analysis, critical path method, and PERT – and investment appraisal techniques
5) Proficiency in project management processes as defined – for example – in the Project Management Body of Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
6) Proficiency with Primavera P6 Professional Project Management
7) Experience with SAP and project accounting software (such as Ares PRISM or Ecosys)
8) Familiarity with risk assessment tools and techniques (such as @Risk for Monte Carlo analysis, Acumen Fuse for risk assessments)
We offer an exceptional base salary, bonus, comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation.