Sr. Process Analyzer Technology Engineer
The primary responsibilities of this role, is to first provide PAT (Process Analyzer Technology) engineering and application services and second support the maintenance of the Process Analyzer Systems at the Baytown site. PAT engineering focuses on the design and implementation of new analyzer systems as a PAT-specific activity or as part of a greater capital project. Maintenance support includes all aspects of lifecycle management of analyzers (training of maintenance technicians, advanced troubleshooting, continuous improvement and ultimately replacement on obsolescence).
- Leads PAT-focused projects or the PAT-section of larger Engineering projects, directs team to analyze and define process analyzer requirements and to perform design of process analyzer systems, directs designers, contractors, vendors, and technicians from conceptual design through construction and commissioning of process analyzer systems, participate in all preliminary and process safety reviews with particular emphasis on PAT systems etc.
- Follow the company and industry-established practices, standards, guidelines and procedures for preparation of estimates, scopes, specifications, design, and other deliverables.
- Modifies existing or creates new PAT engineering procedures, standard templates and practices to stay current with technology and improved methods.
- Supports the maintenance of Process Analyzer Systems at the Baytown site this includes training of maintenance and operations personnel and advanced troubleshooting.
- Works to continuously improve the installed Process Analyzers System this includes analyzing maintenance records for performing analyzers analyzes, proposes and oversees necessary improvements.
- Interfaces with other engineering disciplines/departments, operations and maintenance personnel and vendors/suppliers.
- Coaches and teaches junior members to support sustainable development of the PAT Group.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university (or equivalent) in a particular discipline of engineering (preferably instrumentation, chemical engineering or chemistry disciplines) and 6+ years’ experience in chemical industrial facilities or Minimum Master’s of Science degree and 4+ years’ experience in chemical industrial facilities.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication and coordination skills with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Sufficient verbal and written skills in order to communicate with and obtain cooperation from team members involved with engineering, design, check out, commissioning and start-up.
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical and scope documents required for project execution.
- Proficient in operating Office software, such as Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours when job assignment dictates.
- Willing to pursue advanced education other certifications, and training when job assignment dictates.
- Professional registration and/or certification as appropriate.
- Knowledge: well versed in the fundamentals of process automation, instrumentation, electrical engineering and analyzer technology.
- Basic understanding of the general engineering principles of other disciplines.
- Knowledge of relevant national and international standards in the area of PAT.
- Knowledge of project control skills including project planning, scheduling, cost control, and contract development.
- Experience in providing field support and participating in check out, commissioning, and start-up of process analyzer installations.
- Systematic approach to problem definition and solution development.
- Ability to work as a member of cross-functional teams and to participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills to deal with people at different levels of management, engineering and design, and with internal customers (e.g. engineering, maintenance, operations) and suppliers of PAT related material and services.