Visa transfer available
Seeking to hire experienced CapEX Project Managers. We are seeking candidates that have been owner’s representatives working on capital projects of $100 Mil plus range within a Chemical environment. We are looking for candidates that have a process engineering background. Project scope must encompass oversight from cradle; inception to completion. Project managers in the oil and gas, mining or refinery industries will not be considered. Only candidates from the Chemical or Pharmaceutical industries.
Candidates for this position must have a BS, MS or PhD in chemical engineering and 10+ years of experience as a project manager working on chemical process plant construction projects.
These positions will
1. Maintain a close working relationship, with business (BU/SU) in order to define, plan, budget, forecast and execute required capital projects. Provide direct technical and economic input on Appropriation Request preparation.
2. The Project Manager is directly responsible for control of the project scope, schedule and cost. The individual must have demonstrated experience managing projects in the $100MM+ range from Conception through start up.
3. The Project Manager provides supervision of a project team with members from engineering services, discipline personnel plant site, etc. assigned to his/her projects. A major project may have three or more supporting project engineers and in excess of 50 personnel assigned. The project staff typically consists of engineers and designers from the process/project, piping, mechanical, civil/structural/architectural, and process control systems.
4. Many problems must be addressed and solved from the first step of project definition and value engineering through detailed design, procurement, construction and plant start-up. The incumbent must be open minded and flexible to address and solve the many problems that appear as the project progresses. These changes can affect cost, schedule and technical quality.
5. Identify requirements and secure the necessary engineering discipline, engineering services, procurement and construction support to execute the capital plans or the assigned project. This includes utilization of alliance relationship, EPC or EPCm execution. This includes outlining, reviewing and approving contract terms and conditions.
6. Establish and maintain effective relationships with the many support groups within the Corporation in order to obtain timely input of their requirements into the capital projects and their assistance in project execution. These Departments or groups include Corporate and Site Environmental Control, Industrial Hygiene and Plant Safety, Site Mechanical and PCT Maintenance and Engineering, Plant Administration and Planning, Purchasing, Accounting and Law Departments as well as the many groups in Technology Services Americas and QA/QC and Regulatory Affairs Departments, if applicable.
7. Participate as chairperson on Project Steering Committees, be a focal point between Project Team and Steering Committee on project issues and decisions. Maintain a liaison relationship with GPE and Technical Center colleagues during Technology Transfers and appropriate project execution phases.
8. Provide management with updated analysis and projections on the status of capital projects focusing on management of change, schedule compliance, cost control and major project highlights.
Your resume should clearly identify the projects you have managed from conception to completion. Candidates without project management experience chemical industry will not be considered.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover-letter with salary expectation.