Principal Engineer - Process
The position provides continuous process engineering support to monitor, maintain and improve unit operations in order to gain efficiency improvements, reduce cost, improve sustainability, provide s operations and maximize profitability. Member of local and global process engineering community for the technology of assigned units.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor day to day unit operation, support and lead process troubleshooting efforts and coordinate the resolution of technical process related issues within the unit.
- Leads the continuous development of the process technology and the optimization of multiple processing units. Responsible for all process improvement efforts and costs savings (yield/quality improvements, waste reduction, throughput, energy savings, defect elimination and other related activities). Leads team for site wide projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise to unit HAZOPs, assessments, audits, incident reviews, etc. and ensuring the safety concept of the unit is maintained/improved.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise for scope definition and account for technical acceptance of plant modifications which can include small projects and mid-size/large projects, as appropriate. Ability to lead projects as appropriate.
- Proficient knowledge of unit operations in assigned area to provide fill in support for manufacturing expert.
- Secure the safety and reliability of units through technical improvement measures. Coordinate APC and DE efforts to reduce process variability and improve reliability and costs.
- Supports the Venture Manager on capital projects in assigned area. Responsible for developing justification for capital investments and utilizes available capital monies to garner the biggest benefit of the resource.
- Bachelor’s in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related degree with 6+ years’ experience OR
- Master’s in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related degree with 4+ years’ experience OR
- PhD in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related degree with 2+ years’ experience
- RCA/DE/FMEA/RCM Methodologies.
- 2-10 years combined experience in engineering and/or manufacturing
- Knowledge in technical good practices and Standards
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Proven track record of working in project and/or maintenance roles,(including turn-around) within the chemical industry
- Strong technical and economical competencies
- Broad knowledge of rotating and static equipment through experience, expert training and self-study
- SAP-FAM competence
- Financial Magnitude to describe the importance of the position
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate Must Have:
- High level of organizational and process management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent troubleshooting analytical and problem solving skills, ability to apply rigorous logic
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with multi discipline knowledge (Technology, PCT, Chemistry)
- Good knowledge of engineer tools and skills in technical Software
- Good understanding of supporting processes associated with operations,& maintenance of a plant
- Local language as well as very good English skills
Additional Information : Six Sigma Green Belt
- Bachelor's degree (Mechanical or Chemical)
- 6+ years experience
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.