Prior experience in the industrial instrument manufacturing field required
The Marketing Manager develops, manages and directs the Company’s marketing initiatives including promotional campaigns, online presence, branding, messaging, and other projects that support sales growth, product awareness, and the profitability of the company. Proactively plans, develops, supports, and manages programs that generate leads and communicates information to sales channel partners, end-users, and media outlets. Manages the design and development of marketing and communication materials for all departments and products. Directs the activities of outside marketing agencies and vendors. Works closely with the Vice President – Sales & Business Development to ensure that all plans and messaging are consistent with the Company’s approved direction and image.
1. Develops, implements and manages approved strategic marketing plans based on knowledge of established policy, and budget factors.
2. Collaborates with Product Management and Sales Management colleagues to develop and plan marketing calendar including advertising, trade shows and conferences, and promotional activities.
3. Manages the Company’s Customer Relationship Management tool ensuring suitability for the Company’s purposes and overseeing implementation and use of the system.
4. Identifies, develops and manages concepts and programs for lead generation and branding strategies. Ensures appropriate lead follow-up and disposition including them being entered and updated in the Company’s Customer Relationship Manager tool.
5. Assists the VP – Sales & Business Development with strategy planning, new product development, and sales channel engagement.
6. Develops marketing materials, including layout and copywriting for product data sheets, specification sheets, catalogs, labels, technical bulletins, manuals and price lists for all departments and products.
7. Designs product labeling, including specification of materials, colors, packaging and production methods consistent with the Company’s branding and image. Writes product label text in accordance with product approval guidelines issued by U.S. and International Certification Bodies. Includes creation of engineering label drawings and tracking revisions to drawings.
8. Manages the creation and distribution of approved press releases to media and trade outlets for publication.
9. Responsible for developing and executing approved marketing plans and strategies (end-user, sales channel, advertising, new product launch) – ensuring information accuracy and brand consistency.
10. In close collaboration with Product and Sales Management, recommends pricing strategies to the VP – Sales & Business Development.
11. Manages brand presentation throughout all internal and external documentation, advertising and communication pieces.
12. Coordinates with cross-functional teams (i.e., Supply Chain, Product Line Management, Human Resources etc.) and develops and executes programs while ensuring clear communication and brand awareness.
13. Manages existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness, cross-selling opportunities, and adherence to Company branding guidelines and image.
14. Manages and oversees trade shows and conferences including booth design, setup, tear down and overall management and coordination thereof. Ensures proper booth staffing and manages sponsorships and trade show promotional activities. Responsible for maintaining and accounting for trade show equipment in a timely, accurate and complete fashion.
15. Designs, creates, and maintains databases for product manuals, price lists, and labels.
16. Develops and updates training and presentation materials for all product lines.
17. Manages production of marketing materials and advertising with vendors. Includes organizing competitive bids, negotiating production costs, proofing, creation of camera-ready artwork, and distribution of print-ready files to appropriate trade publications.
18. Supports sales channels by providing adequate marketing materials and programs for all product lines.
19. Assists in the maintenance and coordination of a centralized documentation source on the company’s computer network.
20. Administers purchase orders and manages activities of outside marketing agencies in a manner, consistent with company philosophy, signature approval requirements, brand and goals.
21. Manages print production and inventories of key materials to ensure current and adequate supplies. Establishes and communicates reprint/redesign timelines to all necessary parties acquiring updated information and revisions from the Product Line Managers. Ensures accuracy and completeness of all print and other marketing collateral material prior to publication.
22. Develops and executes direct and targeted marketing research campaigns and surveys – analyzing and reporting results in a timely, complete and accurate fashion.
23. Assists with the development and management of the Company’s annual advertising and marketing plans and budgets. Ensures expenditures remain within approved budgetary guidelines throughout the year. Obtains prior written approval for non-budgeted expenditures. Provides timely and accurate expenditure forecast updates as requested.
24. Fully participates in the Company’s Key Initiatives and efficiently manages the Initiatives overseen by this position.
25. Develops, implements and manages the company’s websites ensuring current content and techniques, quality and website integrity and security. Develops and implements search engine optimization strategies to ensure top tier representation (i.e., top five) of the Company’s products on all major search engines. Ensures Executive Administrative Assistant is trained and capable as a competent backup for managing and performing basic updates to the Company’s website. Ensures Company’s website domain name remains current and active at all times.
26. Monitors web server and site technical performance and develops solutions that provide improved performance and usability.
27. Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Develop implement and manage marketing plans, Manage CRM tool, Manage all phases of marketing for new and existing products, Design product labeling, Manage all phases of press releases, Develop and recommend pricing strategies, Manages and owns trade show support
- Prior experience in the industrial instrument manufacturing field
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with limited direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with close deadlines and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated writing skills with emphasis in accuracy and technical communication
- Ability to set the voice of strategic communications appropriate to the audience
- Advanced knowledge of pre-press processes and layout including file formats
- Good working knowledge of photography and video editing/formatting preferred
- Good working knowledge of electronic communication techniques including email marketing systems
- Advanced experience developing and maintaining websites, content management systems, and web applications
- Advanced knowledge of search engine optimization
- Ability to effectively concept and develop communication and collateral material
- Advanced knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers and the following software:
- Microsoft Windows Operating System (XP or higher)
- Macintosh Operating System (OSX ML or higher)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Premium (including Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premier, After Effects, and InDesign)
- Server Operating Software (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl) and Server Security
- Microsoft Office (2010 or higher)
- Must have ability to lift (up to 50 pounds) to assist with possible construction of trade show display
- Prior experience in the industrial instrument manufacturing field required
- Minimum ten years’ experience in marketing, PR, copywriting, creative direction required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Job type: Direct hire
- Job function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Experience level: Mid-senior
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience required:10 Years
- Relocation assistance: No
- Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Greencard holders
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.