Our client is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. They are a leader in insurance broking and risk management;They are a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and they are leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, They provide analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
This position is responsible for providing Operating System and hardware support. Member of the team in ensuring server incidents are managed within SLA. Utilizes server management and monitoring tools to proactively manage the infrastructure. Defines and delivers complex OpCo and MGTI solutions.
- Install, monitor and manage Virtualized (“VMware”) server infrastructure at third and fourth line levels, leveraging vendors as appropriate.
- Design and Architecture discussions with internal and external engineering groups.
- Perform installations, patches, upgrades, capacity planning and performance tuning, through approved change management mechanisms
- Manage incident tickets to resolution , within SLA and to approved documented standards
- Diagnose and repair system problems, utilizing tools sets available and working closely with other internal groups / vendor support.
- Diagnose, monitor and troubleshoot system performance
- Service requirements gathering and documentation in partnership, with both Business leads and design and engineering groups.
- Maintain and monitor compliance to corporate Security policies; Administrative Accounts use, Anti – virus, Patch status, Services etc.
- VMware Sys Admins manage vROPs, vRA and other monitoring tools to maintain service performance, including proposal for improvement.
- Ensure all corporate processes are adhered to ensuring changes to the enterprise service infrastructure are fully documented following the best practice principles of ITIL.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field required; experience and/or appropriate Certifications may be substituted for degree.
- 8+ years’ experience of administering VMware server and Vmware View desktop environments
- Experience in:
- vCloud Suite Enterprise product
- vRA products.
- VMware ESXi Management 5.X & 6.X
- vROPs Systems management
- vCenter Management
- VMware ESX Installations & Upgrades
- VDI Management & Horizon software
- VMware P2V & V2V experience
- Hyperconverged technology, specifically Nutanix
- Zerto disaster recovery suite
- VADP based backup solutions, preferably NetBackup
- A good understanding of networks & DMZs
- VMware License and contract management
- Experience of VMware capacity Management and planning of resources
- PowerShell & PowerCLI scripting
- Virtual and Physical storage management - EMC SAN (RDM, VMFS, VMDK)
- VMware vMotion & Storage vMotion
- Detailed understanding of public and private cloud computing methodologies and service provision.
- An understanding of current HP or Dell server hardware technologies.
- Knowledge and use of Automation tools for systems management
- Knowledge and experience in Virtualization Orchestration tools
- Knowledge of CA tools includes Sysedge for monitoring and e-Health would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with Storage Area Networks and EMC technologies is required with the ability to configure and maintain the client software to support SAN attached arrays.
- Familiarity of NetApp Technology and client server configuration.
- Proven ability in performing Operating System Updates and applying patches to VMware environments.
- Proven track record of managing technical deployment projects in a highly available 7x24 environment
- VCP certified.
- Availability after normal business hours required; rotating on-call 24x7 support.
Our client offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.