We are a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on our platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month . We are making care collaboration easier. This is an opportunity for a full stack developer to utilize all their skills, and receive an incredibly competitive salary.
The principal software engineer will, as part of a highly motivated team, develop, enhance and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Lead Scrum team to develop new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- May oversee development team and coordinate strategies amongst teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application life cycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate. Lead other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines; identify, track and mitigate risks as appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Train, coach and mentor other engineers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong experience as a Back-End Developer
- Strong experience with relational or NoSQL databases
- Strong experience with .NET and C#
- Strong experience with React or Angular
- Experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with mySQL
- Understanding Java is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 8 years’ experience, or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 6 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience leading teams; or equivalent combination of education and experience.