We are a multi-disciplinary engineering firm. We are known as a place where the brightest minds come together to develop solutions to the challenging projects of today and to help cultivate better places to live, work and grow. We strive to create a place where employees can develop their careers and grow professionally and are leading the industry in creating policies that make for a better work / life balance including flexible work schedules and a flexible vacation policy. As a result of this culture and the value we place on our team, we have won local awards for the Best Places to Work for the past two years!
We are expanding our talented engineering team with licensed professional engineers in our East Hartford, CT, and Rhode Island Offices. The ideal candidates will have a B.S. in Civil Engineering with 10+ years experience in highway and/or transportation engineering and design. You will have the opportunity to grow your career by gaining valuable experience, developing teams, and leading projects.
- B.S in Civil Engineer, M.S. a plus
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
- 10+ years experience in transportation or highway design or engineering
- Project management experience or advanced design experience a plus!
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Confident speaking in public and running meetings
- Exposure and basic understanding of related technical disciplines for bridge or transportation- based projects
- Prior experience working on projects for RIDOT, MassDOT or CTDOT preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation Inroad required
- Coordinate and manage select projects or tasks, including oversight and monitoring of design teams, budget and schedule
- Perform independent design, calculations and analysis and develop appropriate written reports, documents and materials is a professional manner
- Development of contract and construction documents including specifications and estimates
- Coordinate work and resources with internal teams at different locations
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with sub-consultants and partners
- Perform quality control checks and process adherence checks for work developed by newer engineers and team members to uphold superior quality standards
- Attend and participate in project coordination meetings with clients as a CME Representative
- Keep Team Leaders and Department Manager informed of work load and any changes in project schedule or scope
- Professional Engineer(PE) License required
- Transportation or Highway design or Engineering
- Project Management
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation inroad