As a Strategic Salesperson, your focus will be to grow the sales of our Planner software-as-a-service (SaaS) product in the North American market. The candidate should have a strong network of contacts and selling experience in one of the following industries: food supply chain, food manufacturing, or distribution/warehousing. This position reports to Sales leadership and will be responsible for increasing company profits by growing business at current customers and acquiring new customers within an assigned market territory or industry.
This position does require you to be based in the company headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Achieve or exceed the annual sales target
- Collaborate with management to develop a sales plan for a defined market
- Travel to manufacturing and distribution facilities to assess viable applications to meet the customers' needs
- Quantify business value and ROI for the Customers' investment
- Generate leads, develop proposals and close orders
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products
- Increase business by finding and qualifying new business using sales techniques to cross-sell and up-sell
- Increase business and account base by collaborating with our channel partners
Requirements and Experience:
- Demonstrated success achieving sales goals
- 3 years of sales experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecast accuracy and business management
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related experience preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team and be coachable to our sales process
- Strong communication skills, including presentation, professional writing, and negotiations
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing knowledge a plus
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Salesforce and LinkedIn
1. Do you have experience selling to executives in the following industries: food supply chain, food manufacturing, or distribution/warehousing? Please explain:
2. Please outline your B2B sales experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.