- The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience.
- The SSE will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices.
- The SSE will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve customer problems and participate in determining scope for new projects.
- The SSE will own and components of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Scrum team to develop new native software that will be a key component of our product offering.
- Code, test, debug, document and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high performing, growing team.
- Own component(s) of the architecture and direct the work of other team members.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, debug, resolve product issues as they arise.
- Assist in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Support the application life-cycle (concept, design, test, release and support). Follow established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborate with product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BS in Computer Science preferred.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Strong Experience with .NET and C#
- Strong Experience with AWS IoT
- Experience with XML and JSON
- Experience with API Gateway
- Experience with mySQL, DynamoDB
- Understanding Java is a plus
- Understanding of BPMN, DMN, CMMN is a plus
- Understanding of HL7 protocol is a plus
- Understanding of ElasticSearch is a plus
- Understanding of Docker is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team