THIS FACILITY REQUIRES AN ICE BACKGROUND/CLEARANCE
We are currently seeking a Psychologist in Eloy, AZ who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. We employ over 100 psychologists and other mental health professionals who provide clinical services, assessment, consultation, program evaluation and staff development in the fast-paced environment of partnership corrections. The Psychologist plans and implements all professional psychological service programs of a non-medical nature in the facility. Coordinates and directs the activities of personnel engaged in providing psychological services to inmates/residents. The successful candidate should be able to perform
ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Conducts psychological screenings and assessments based on review of available records, and clinical interviews with inmates.
2. As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical staff, e.g., psychiatrists, mental health service providers, physicians, nurses, social workers, in order to gather and provide information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care follow-through occurs.
3. Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing, and modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
4. Makes regular rounds in segregation or other confined housing areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment needs.
5. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
6. Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling, and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis.
7. Consults with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical, educational, chaplain, security staff, and others, as applicable to gather information and understanding into the reasons for the escalation of problems behaviors and changes in mental health condition of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice psychology in AZ.
- Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one year in a comparable position.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.