Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company.
While reporting to the Production Manager, you will have full responsibility for managing our hourly production staff on a 12 hour rotating shift. This position ensures the safety of each employee and helps drive a safety first workforce while ensuring top notch quality production. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to drive strategic initiatives focused on continuous improvement, increased productivity and cost savings for an assigned shift.
- You will supervise all production activities for assigned shifts, schedule shift employees as well as crew machines to cover vacations, absence and overtime.
- You will meet or exceed productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations for assigned shift. Implement and maintain best manufacturing practices.
- You will hire, train, direct and mentor shift employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- You will direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, Six Sigma, Kaizen events and lean manufacturing. Actively involved in SPS (Sonoco Performance Systems) process.
This position is located in Chillicothe, MO within our plastics thermoforming, fast paced manufacturing operation.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, however equivalent experience can be substituted.
- We expect at least 3 years proven leadership experience within manufacturing
- Strong technical knowledge would be preferred
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
A full relocation package is available for this role.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.