POSITION SUMMARY: The Controller manages the accounting workflow, providing accounting direction and analytical support to the CFO/COO of the company. This includes providing direction and acting as a resource to accounting and general administrative staff to ensure complete, accurate, and timely work.
We are one of the largest Cannabis Manufacturing operations on the West Coast, based in Irvine, CA. We are seeking candidates for IMMEDIATE consideration for the position of Controller.
- Performs complex accounting activities to record, analyze and monitor financial information.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares and reviews required supporting documentation and financial statements to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll).
- Manages the accounting workflow across all division departments (sales, customer service, operations, HR, etc.). Ensures there are proper internal controls in place including compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all other statutory requirements.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Trains and develops accounting staff. Provides direction and acts as a resource to accounting and general administrative staff to ensure complete, accurate, and timely completion of work.
- May provide accounting assistance and support to the corporate, regional and/or area leadership as necessary.
- Supports the CFO/COO during the annual budget and interim forecasting process and assists with analytical review.
- Supports all accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements.
- Performs periodic financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews.
- Provides support and responds to information requests from corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, sales, environmental compliance, legal, etc.) as well as regional and area field financial management as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, education, and/or experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years related accounting or financial experience.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and compliance requirements of other financial statutes.
- The ability to professionally interact and communicate with the leadership team as well as staff and customers to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non- standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above.
- Must be able to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- The ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
- The ability to track, measure and manage performance.
- Have MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.