*Headshot Photo will be required for consideration of this position.
IT Vendor Management (ITVM) serves as the first line of defense ensuring that IT vendor engagements align with Client’s IT strategy. By driving service excellence, identifying cost savings, and mitigating risks. ITVM helps to maximize value from vendors throughout the relationship lifecycle. ITVM also provides guidance to IT on third party engagement, vendor spend/cost, as well as managing stakeholder relationships and communication.
This role will partner with our Procurement, Finance, IT, and Third-Party Risk Management to develop and owns the IT External Spend Strategy’s, assist in rationalization efforts, and additional tasks as directed by ITVM Leadership. The role requires someone with hands-on experience in developing technical vendor strategy, operating & pricing models and handling a holistic relationship with a wide array of vendors.
This is a highly visible role with the opportunity to make an immediate impact through technology vendor management (e.g. Professional Services and Hardware/Software (HW/SW) strategies, cost leverage, savings levers, performance improvements, innovation, escalation management), technical requirement reviews, vendor consolidations, and extensive cross-functional teamwork to implement vendor related processes & initiatives.
The ability to be flexible, and focused under pressure, all while managing multiple deliverables within rigid target delivery dates are fundamental skills required to be successful in this role. In addition to possessing core security and technology / Risk knowledge, you must be highly organized. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be comfortable presenting to leadership and interacting with senior management.
• Supports the execution of complex vendor management and implementation strategy for a defined set of vendors.
• Proactively develops effective business relationships with vendors, stakeholders, and key decision makers to meet or exceed expectations
• Drives continuous improvement activities and implementations across functional areas.
• Exercising saving levers through horizontal and vertical reviews in support of cost optimization.
• Vendor segmentation and alignment to the IT and business strategies.
• Support the execution of third-party spend management and cost analysis.
• Management, communication and tracking of IT professional service and hardware/software engagements in alignment of the IT Vendor Management strategy.
• Promote and provide recommendations on Engagement / Statement of Work (SOW) in alignment to the IT Vendor Management Strategy levers such as consolidation, and co-terming, or transformation to out-come based models, with supporting analysis.
• Proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes and derive efficiencies
• Support standard monthly reporting, status reports with focus on oversight and final delivery of the written portions of the report, ensuring a high level of quality output.
• Support development of new reporting, using thought leadership in new reporting techniques, communication, and report styles.
• Creation and maintenance of guidance documents and templates for stakeholders
• Support in the creation and delivery of presentations and communication to Senior Leadership and stakeholders.
• Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors, and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
• Role is not limited to the responsibilities highlighted above.
• Minimum of 5 - 7 years of related experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Analytics skills
• Experience in the development of metrics (KPI/KRI) and reporting, including report development and visualization.
• Excellent writing, grammar, and style skills; ability to adapt writing style for different audiences and media; a must.
• Ability to explain and articulate technical concepts using non-technical language.
• Knowledge of Vendor risks methodologies, policies, standards, and procedures.
• Knowledge of information technology systems, infrastructure, and operations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
• Work collaboratively by building consensus and influencing decision making to foster forward progress with projects and initiatives.
Skills & Technologies
• Microsoft Office Suite, with proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
• Project Management Skills
• Working knowledge of Fieldglass
• Data analysis and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and data management skills
• Self-motivated/directed person who could embrace role and drive change