It began in a Mid-Century dream, inspired by a palette of pink sunsets reflecting off ancient walls — desert paradise was imagined, an oasis discovered, and a special kind of alchemy formed — as visionaries melded architecture and beauty to create a unique community where welcome resounds.
Seize this exciting opportunity to join our team! We are currently seeking to onboard a new Club Manager.
The primary focus for this position is to manage banquet and event operations and assist in a la carte service areas as needed, Floor supervision during restaurant and bar service. Coaching and ensuring optimal member service levels.
Assist with overall direction, execution, coordination, ongoing evaluation of the F&B operations.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Candidate should have a passion for creating an outstanding guest service experience, and be able to ensure that all member requests and expectations are met and exceeded on a daily basis.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, without direct supervision as well as be a strong team player.
- Candidate also must be able to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner, while exercising good judgment in all situations.
- Additionally, the candidate should have strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Northstar POS a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary focus includes overseeing banquet operations
- Manages, supervises and trains banquet staff
- Floor supervision during restaurant and bar service
- Assist with overall direction, execution, coordination, ongoing evaluation of the F & B department
- Interact with members and ensure the high quality of guest and member service
- Address and resolve employee issues and union grievances according to club standard
- Lead, develop and hold accountable of our standards and procedures for the Food and Beverage staff including guest service standards and Food and Beverage guidelines
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings, attend weekly departmental and BEO meetings and comprehensive training sessions to include but not limited to service standards, daily operational updates, menu items/specials and safety
- Purchase capital expense items within the F & B budget and in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory for glassware, silverware, coffee pots etc. and ordering supplies to replenish stock
- Responsible for monthly inventory of beverage, wine menu development, etc.
- Act as a Manager on Duty for Front Desk and Housekeeping departments and assist with closing responsibilities of the Clubhouse
- Manage and update Northstar POS as needed
Required and Desired Skills:
- Minimum 3 year experience as exempt food & beverage floor manager in restaurants, hotels, country club, and/or a medium sized banquet/catering operation
- Knowledge of food wine, and spirits.
- Proven success in creating and ensuring a la carte and banquet service standards are met
- Highly organized. Successful multi-tasker
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Skilled in MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Team player