Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. We are a 300 bed facility caring for nearly 13,000 patients each year with over 50,000 being treated in our emergency room. We offer a wide range of surgical services as well as specialty programs including Cardiac CTA, Digital Mammography, and Trauma Services.
Where We Are:
Beckley is an ideal place to live and boasts many scenic, cultural, and recreational opportunities. From restaurants and breweries to art galleries and unique attractions, Beckley is an outdoor playground with something for all tastes.
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
- Educational assistance and tuition assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional development opportunities and CE assistance
- And much more…
Reports to: Director of Surgical Services
- Performs assigned scrub duties, assists with patient care and assures optimum quality patient care using a team approach.
- Performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of the Circulating RN.
- Performs assigned scrub duties
- Assists in maintenance of a clean and orderly environment
- Assists with patient care
- Communicates with charge nurses
- Participates in continuing education
- Applies knowledge of age-related factors appropriately to patients, utilizing appropriate policies and procedures
- Graduate of a Program for Surgical Technology -or- candidate must have had 2 years experience as a Surgical Technologist prior to the requirement of Surgical Technologist Diploma
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum Work Experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - to be obtained within 30 days
- A minimum of one-year hospital experience as an Operating Room Technician with a service orientation and the ability to understand and react effectively to the surgical needs for all patient populations.