This application packaging engineering position involves working with business applications’ owners to fulfill application delivery, automation and troubleshooting requirements. We will need to convert 400+ business applications and automate our application deployment processes for Windows 7 /10.
You will be responsible for deploying Windows applications, security patches, service packs, hotfixes and application vulnerability fixes to physical / virtual servers and desktops utilizing SCCM or other application deployment systems.
Daily Duties Include:
Key Technical Skills & Competencies.
- Design, develop, coordinate and manage application packaging projects.
- Develop enterprise OS migration plans and conduct project management and documentation as needed.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and remediation efforts on major Windows application packaging and deployments.
- Diagnose Windows application deployment issues and perform roll-backs as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology
- 5-10 years of experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Investment Management, Banking, Financial Technology Services).
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows 7/10 Desktop Operating Systems, Image Management, Application Packaging & Distribution, Mobile Device Management, performance monitoring tools in a large distributed environment.
- Enterprise knowledge of Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 / Desktop Security Patch Management and application deployment process.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x & Horizon View 7.x and above.
- Expert knowledge of architecting, designing and automating a zero-touch environment for Windows 7/10 Operating Systems and application deployments in an enterprise.
- Expert knowledge of industry deployment tools such as SCCM, LANDESK or any other enterprise application deployment and automation systems.
- Expert knowledge of Application Virtualization / Streaming solutions such as Microsoft Application Virtualization (SoftGrid / App-V), ThinApp, App-Volume or Citrix XenApp for our virtual environment.
- Expert knowledge of automated application packaging and distribution methodologies and tools such as Flexera Admin studio suite or Wise Packaging Studio.
- Expert knowledge of MSI and custom actions.
- Experience with enterprise-scale zero-touch Windows and application deployments
- Experience with application assessment and compatibility tools such as Microsoft MAP/ ACT, AppDNA or Change Base.
- Experience and knowledge of Windows Image management utilizing Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit (MDT), Task Sequencing and Hardware driver injection to create hardware images.
- Experience with software package builds and GPO deployment methods.
- Experience with Enterprise Mobile Device Management tools such as Airwatch / Mobile Iron, etc. is a plus
- Experience with Mobile application development and deployment is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP).
- Experience with SQL, Perl, VB, Batch, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Strong customer service and professional client facing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications kills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong Time Management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the global Windows team.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining the company.
Skills: Knowledge of active directory DHCP DNS and Group Policy, Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 2012 and 2016, Knowledge of VMWare vSphere ESXi 6.x and Horizon View 7.x
We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 797,000 trades per day.¹ Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
For immediate consideration please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation.
Job type: Direct hire
Job function: Information Technology
Industry: Financial Services
Experience level: Associate
Experience required:5 Years
- Relocation assistance: Yes
- Visa requirement: Only US citizens and Greencard holders