The perfect candidate for this role would have a strong background in systems engineering and a good understanding of all aspects of SATCOM.
Only accepting applicants with United States citizenship at this time.
We engineer a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS clearance is required at time of hire. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen is required.
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help keep our nation safe. The work is important. The technical solutions are challenging. The personal satisfaction is immense. The people you work with are of the highest caliber. This opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS in our San Jose, CA location.
The Senior Systems Engineer is the essential link between our Customers and engineering teams to define concept of operations, architectures, and requirements for our ground-based systems. He or she then applies the system engineering process to design, integrate, test and deliver the system.
WHAT YOU'LL EXPERIENCE:
- Technologies that are top-notch, and often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring the art of the possible
- Frequent opportunities to gain new knowledge and be a part of its discovery
WHAT YOUR BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated successes in applying the system engineering process for product specification, design, development, integration, test and delivery
- Proven results in presenting technical briefings and writing white papers
- An affinity to learning and being able to quickly apply new knowledge for the benefit of our systems
- The ability to apply RF principles towards the development of complex systems
WHAT DISTINGUISHES YOU FROM OTHERS:
CLEARANCE: Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire.
- Proficiency with designing a SATCOM collection system, to include these efforts: performance modeling and simulation; hardware and software trade studies, and technical evaluation of subcontractors
- Working knowledge of the architectures and designs of COMINT/DF and FISINT systems
- Familiarity with commercial SATCOM networks and protocols
- Awareness of emerging SATCOM networks and market trends
- Strong desire to provide technical support towards new business acquisition
- Commitment to growing your professional skills
We offer an exceptional base salary, bonus, comprehensive benefis and relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit an updated resume in addition to a detailed cover-letter with salary expectations.