The Canning Line Supervisor will oversee our CBD beverage canning line, ensure coordination between all sectors of our CBD canning operations, and communicate with other affected departments of the complex.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and ensure the safety, quality, yield, labor costs, and materials of the line.
- Accurately read, record, and communicate all beverage production data, counts, measurements, and weights.
- Supervise employees daily productivity and coach to improve both individual and team performance
- Train, direct, and supervise employees (station rotation, prep work, and techniques) to ensure quotas are met.
- Implement and control manufacturing processes to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Complete and submit documentation for all line processes and procedures as required
- Participate in planning of production timelines, scheduling of line activity and allocation of resources to meet production goals
- Act as an operator and individual contributor as needed to meet production goals
- Monitor operations to ensure processes are correctly executed and troubleshoot where necessary
- Monitor stock of all supplies and ingredients
- Ensure proper storage of all facility consumables and products in line with GMP and food safety requirements
- Maintain high quality standards by directing QC checks, sensory panels, and visual inspections
- Maintain consistent and clear communication amongst production staff
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly team and personal productivity goals are met
- Maintain and comply with sanitation standards. Maintain a clean and organized production space.
- Make recommendations to management regarding personnel evaluation and training of production team.
- Assist the Production Manager as needed.
- Ensure a safe working environment. Review and communicate daily on all safety related topics of discussion.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Job duties may necessitate the use of hairnets, gloves, a back brace, and/or non slip shoes
- Complete understanding of mechanics of operation of a canning line
- Knowledge of quality and safety standards and methodology in beverage production
- Strong aptitude in troubleshooting equipment and processes associated with beverage production
- Strong GMP skills and Food Safety knowledge, as it relates to beverage processing
- Personnel management skills; ability to navigate coaching conversations and progressive discipline
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly through multiple channels to maintain situational awareness and cross-functionality company wide
- Education: Associate’s degree or equitable level of professional experience.
- Experience: At least 3 years of directly related experience and/or training in a beverage production or similar environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 1 year of supervisory or lead experience.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food Handler's card is preferred. Must have active Oregon Liquor Control Commission (“OLCC”) marijuana worker permit (required but can acquire)
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Travel Requirements: occasional travel required to other Wyld locations, events, expos, supplier evaluations, and fellow manufacturing facilities.
- State regulations require all applicants must be 21 years of age or older
As an exempt employee, you'll receive a competitive salary, PTO and fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.