The Director of Operations leads the daily operations in the facility. The key purpose is directly supporting all departments and functions of the facility. This includes managing department managers and their staff, overseeing day to day production operations and assisting in the communication between all partnering departments. You'll also be responsible for managing financial budgets, providing monthly sales analysis and presenting data to the financial team to ensure proper execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform evaluation of the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements, on a regular basis
- Work together with executives and top managers to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Monitor daily business activities to ensure smooth progress
- Oversee procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Supervise the work of different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Setting financial budgets by the department and overseeing approvals when necessary. Discussing monthly incentives, inventory, stock changes, vendor/customer terms along with other items for departments and how that may affect the overall budget and bottom-line
- Partnering with the Production Manager on creating a daily, weekly and monthly kitchen and packaging schedule. Assisting in day to day operations, quota goals for finished product and kitchen output
- Manage the production inventory levels for all COGs and usable materials
- Ensure equipment and personnel needs are fulfilled to reach desired production quotas
- Ensuring inventory and transfer compliance management is up to date such as CTS, production loss, returned or damaged product, transportation and inventory is never ±5% of reported quantities
- Partner with HR for employee-related tasks such as workforce planning, hiring, termination, retention, benefit enrollments, and following state and federal rules and regulations
- Ensure a safe working environment
- 3+ years' experience of working on a Director of Operations or other relevant position preferably in the food and beverage industry
- Solid experience with diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Good practical knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Experience as a problem solver that thrives under pressure in a fast-paced environment who possesses a high attention to detail, prioritization, time management and organizational skills with a positive, goal orientated attitude
- Working experience with MS Office and various business software including ERP and CRM solutions
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft office, data analysis, Google Apps and QuickBooks
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Oregon Liquor Control Commission (“OLCC”) marijuana worker permit.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Math Skills: Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required between buildings and sites.
As an exempt employee, you'll receive a competitive salary, Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays and fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.
Relocation: Partial relocation assistance available.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.