The Manager - Technical Accounting will be responsible for managing the Company's technical program, including provision of technical accounting research and conclusions on complex areas of accounting, technical accounting support for major transactions, technical accounting liaison and education for business unit finance teams, forming technical positions on adoption of new standards and drafting of technical accounting policy.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Lead technical accounting and accounting policy efforts for the Company, including development and maintenance of policies and practices and education of the finance organization on technical accounting compliance.
- Drive proactivity and best practice in identifying and addressing areas of technical accounting complexity.
- Advising Senior Finance Management on potential technical accounting alternatives for complex transactions.
- Ownership of accounting for confidential matters requiring technical accounting expertise such as Executive Stock Compensation, Severance and Restructuring Accruals.
- Lead adoption of new accounting standards, including researching and advising on impact, identify and managing third party support as necessary, and supervising implementation activities.
- Provide input and quality control for SEC filings, quarterly Earnings Releases, lender presentations and other ad hoc external reporting requirements including investor relation presentations.
- Assist the team with establishing robust Financial Reporting processes and executing controls around Financial Reporting in a timely and diligent manner to comply with SOX requirements.
- Conduct research and document conclusions on specific US GAAP, and SEC disclosure and reporting developments.
- Participate, as needed, in integration of any acquisitions and establish reporting guidelines.
- Complete other special projects as needs arise.
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA required
- 4-7 years of accounting experience; Big 4 public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial disclosure requirements and techniques, including US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of solving problems in areas of accounting complexity.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Strong understanding of an effective and efficient internal control environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
- Experience presenting ideas to multiple stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously; ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
- Able to meet tight deadlines on multiple priorities.
- Strong people management and conflict management skills.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, control-oriented.
- Highest level of integrity.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed coverletter with salary expectations.