This is a 100% remote role and can be based anywhere in the U.S., preferably East Coast or Midwest.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer with deep expertise in melt spinning method of manufacture for polymeric fibers such as Nylon, Polyester, etc.
The Engineer will provide specifications to our vendor partners who manufacture polyester or nylon yarn.
The Engineer will be responsible for developing and commercializing new products in the fiber & textile market spaces by working externally with customers & partners and internally with commercial, marketing and technology teams to deliver new innovative and value-added solutions.
- Develop and coordinate process development and testing with manufacturing partners to build value proposition of textile fibers, yarn & fabric forms.
- Responsible for scouting and identifying new growth opportunities with new and existing customers to build a healthy application development pipeline
- Segment, target and influence key decision makers in the targeted industry value chain to drive rapid extension of successful applications
- Build in-depth knowledge of both in-kind and not-in-kind solutions to anticipate trends and changes to our value proposition.
- Ability to articulate the comparative advantages of our textile fibers & yarn and build a solid value proposition for our products.
- Perform preliminary evaluations on select new technologies, market applications or market segments.
- Integration with global sales, product application development and marketing teams to ensure customer coordination and alignment as well as sharing experience and knowledge
- Education – BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Textile, Materials Science, Plastic or related field.
- Minimum 10 years in developing applications for plastics in yarn or textile industries in sales, marketing, technical service or relevant customer facing experiences.
- Proven track record of development and commercialization of new textile products that meet or exceed customer needs
- Customer Facing – Track record of building strong relationships with customers, outside experts and trade organizations
- IP Strategy- demonstrated familiarity of pertinent patent landscape
- Product/Process Pipeline- maintain evergreen process to evaluate new ideas and opportunities relevant to the business
- Strong drive for results and a passion to help drive growth to the business
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Travel - This position requires 30~50% travel.
- Direct responsibility for growth (project management/business development) preferred.
- Competencies - Communication proficiency, initiative, teamwork orientation, personal, effectiveness/credibility, technical capacity, project management, time management
Skills: melt-spinning method, polymeric fibers such as Nylon, Polyester, textile market
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!