We are actively seeking an experienced Mortgage Underwriter. The company offers a competitive salary with bonus and benefits for its team members. They understand how important it is to have a highly qualified Underwriting Staff in order to implement the successful execution of the loan file flow. They also strive to hire, develop, and retain the top Underwriters in the Mortgage Industry in order to provide our customers with the best experience possible.
- Review initial submission of loan files and make loan decisions based on company guidelines.
- Review and clear conditions submitted
- Work with the post-closing team on any underwriting requirements for closed files as needed
- Ability to underwrite Conventional/FHA and VA loans. Knowledge of USDA and Bond loans not a requirement; but, is favorable. We are willing to train underwriters that want to expand their knowledge on these products.
- Work with branches on scenarios and guideline questions
- Work independently and manage the pipeline to ensure deadlines are met
- LOS: LendingQB
- 3+ years of experience.
- Conventional/FHA or VA required
- Direct Endorsement (DE) required or VA SAR/LAPP required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Team Player
- Multi-state underwriting experience a plus
- This is a full-time, fully remote position.