We are seeking a Renal Nurse Supervisor to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
The Renal Nurse Supervisor provides support to the Nurse Manager and Director of Renal Services in the development, implementation and management of the outpatient, dialysis clinics. This position provides day to day leadership and direction to clinical staff and is responsible for ensuring an adequate staffing plan, facilitating team building and fostering professional relationships among staff. This position is also responsible for ensuring adequate resources are available to staff in the performance of their job responsibilities, monitoring adherence to defined processes and policies relating to the department and providing appropriate feedback and guidance to staff not performing as expected.
The position facilitates and provides oversight to the orientation of new staff. This position performs annual performance evaluations according to Medical Center Policy. In addition to the leadership and management responsibilities, this position may also be required to provide direct patient care to maintain clinical skills and knowledge.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Minimum 4 years nursing and patient care experience
- Previous experience in a dialysis clinic and / or renal nurse experience.
- Previous formal or informal leadership experience
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
The successful candidate will receive an excellent base salary, bonus, full benefits and relocation assistance.